Saturday, January 26, 2013

My organic Quilt

This will be made again. Was made for Danny ,daughter, talked Daddy out of it, how could he refuse, his loving daughter.
This was, so much fun, Okay, you have to the picture of how it was created. I'm @ the creative table (it is not my work Table, how can you call something ,you love to do, your work table or your work). I'm listeningto Danny, telling me the philsophical stuff of mushrooms and Listening to Todd on KTNA playing Jimmy Henricks . Wow ,Okay I'm overloaded.
 I'm wanting to play with Muslin (yes, my other fabric, I love to play with.)
Well, I find myself scrunching up the muslin, to see if it would look like, the underneath of the mushroom.
Next, doing all kinds, of crazy on it, to get it to stay . Okay, it did so when it dried , I stitched and stitched , Wow, it now looks like the sun , so that is how the rays got added . Yellow paint chalk ,and stitches, made the rays pop. Red dye to border 1 and 1 1/2 as to the yellow border . Then, I happily,stitched S stitches to look like lace. 
The green border 2 has Christmas mushooms( or fairy mushrooms ) Painted leaving the muslin showing for the mushroom stems. Threadpainting was added around and on the mushrooms . The green is still that same piece of muslin ,and  was painted with a wash of green metalic paint, then I free handed, embroidered ferns all around.
Border 3 a 3.5" red silk with self embroidery bees.
 Not shown here ,the final Border 4 I used as the finished border was made of a fabulous  5" hand dyed moss green felt. Oh my, I am in love with this piece , so was Danny and Hannah.  

No comments: